EquiSol NZ Ltd was established when Bill Lumsden the Founding Director had a need for bigger, better fencing, and more cost effective fencing system that was safe for his horses. His priority was to develop an effective fencing system that was safe for horses, easy to erect and does not cost an arm and leg. After two years of research, trials and development we are pleased to offer and electric fence system that meets all the above criteria. In our opinion the EquiSol fencing system allows you to not only keep your horses safe, but also have a fence that is aesthetically pleasing to look at.
What is the EquiSol System?
- It is a 1.4m fence with three green 40mm tapes that are a highly visual deterrent to the horse.
- Each tape has twelve extremely tough 0.20mm stainless steel wires ensuring a strong long lasting current and minimal corrosion, extending the effectiveness and life of the fence.
- Research has shown that green and brown are the two colours most readily seen by a horse.Read more at about Equine colour vision »
- The insulators lock the tape at each post removing the need for strainer posts except to swing a solid gate off; a big over-all cost saving.
- Fence corner traps are eliminated by simply placing the corner posts in an arc.
- When building the fence space all posts 4m to 4.5m apart, then screw on the EquiSol insulators, roll out, pull tight and clamp the tapes in the insulators at each post as you go.
- This spacing and the locking insulators stop all excessive wear and damage to the tape caused by wind.
- Mishaps like a falling tree only loosens or breaks that section of the fence where it falls, while the rest of the fence remains tight and secure.
- Fixing a loose or sagging tape is a simple matter of loosening the insulators for 5 or 6 posts each side of the sag, allowing the tape to return to its original tension, and then re-tightening the insulators. In the event of a break, a joiner is fitted. Quick….. and Simple!
- The EquiSol system can be adapted to fit most existing fences.
- For a new fence just measure the overall length you want, the number of tapes, the distance between posts (we recommend 4-4.5 metres) and the number of gates required. With these 4 numbers, we can give you a shopping list and a price. So Simple!!!
- For an existing fence just measure the overall length of the fence, count the number of posts and gates and decide on the number of tapes you want. Once again, simple!!!
EquiSol is very versatile, it can be used to make pens and round pens easily.